In India celebrating your pregnancy months is no more a taboo . Modern outlook and education has simultaneously made its inroad to the cultural blocks of the society about being pregnant. Now a days would be mothers want to treasure these moment and also want to pamper their growing and changing body. Moreover women today are working and are not confined to the house. She wants to look fashionable, presentable and comfortable in their maternity wear. Obviously women have become more conscious and well aware of her needs. Shopping for maternity wear has become a necessity paired with fashion. Now everyone wants to buy smart during pregnancy. Here are the 4 hacks to buy maternity wear.
2 . Fit and Stretchy
Pregnancy weight gain is always individualist. For some it may be right from the first trimester your belly may show up or maybe nothing at all until you hit the fag end of the second trimester. So the belly shape is different for each pregnancy. Some of you may have a high belly and some a lower belly. So just buying a oversize pant or dress will not make you comfortable or fashionable.
Here are few important things to look for when buying your maternity cloths to make comfortable and fit perfectly.
- Ruching (gathers) which can be in the form of pleated or fluted : on the side for maternity tops or the kurtis you stitch or buy.
- The same on the waist for maternity bottoms be it leggings or pants
- Solid colors that create a slimming effect and as well as a great mix and match option which helps you to do away with a few .
- Go for the extra length in the torso for the dress, kurtis or shirts as they tend it sit up high as your pregnancy advances
- For leggings and trousers it should be adjustable with good quality spandex or drawstring.
- Please have a look at the good quality stitch as they are going to withstand the stretch.
4. Budget friendly
Buying should not be too impulsive as these requirements are only for a few months. So too expensive a dress which would mean only a wastage of your money.
- Buy a minimum of 2 to 3 trousers of some neutral color.
- For leggings get around the same. You can mix and match with formal and semi formal wear .So choose 1 or 2 formal colour for office going would be mother.
- For tops and dress go for formal and semi formal ones that are not too costly.
- You can buy the kurta during pregnancy with less designs and naturally less costly.
5. Serving multiple purpose
You can buy dress and tops which can serve as pregnancy wear and also for the nursing purpose of your baby after your delivery.This is more budget friendly and serves two important phases of pre and post pregnancy. In bra you can for the 1 or 2 nursing bra as they give enough room and comfort even as a pregnancy bra. You can double it up for nursing after your baby arrives.