If you are breastfeeding exclusively then it is you who have to change your food habits or take in the remedies for the infant to absorb it through your milk. After the child grows around 6 to 7 months you can feed the natural remedies directly to your baby.
- One small bowl of boiled raw papaya everyday. It should be taken half an hour before the meal Papaya aids in digestion because of the following properties. It has papain which helps with the breakdown of other ‘troublesome’ proteins, such as the gluten in wheat and the casein in milk, that are often the source of digestive problems.It also has anti-inflammatory properties which helps to reduce the gasin mother and so does your baby.
- Boil 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds and 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds for 15 minutes in glass of water and let it cool. You can take 1 tablespoon of water at least before half an hour of breastfeeding .Cumin is Carminative, which means that it relieves from you from gas troubles and your baby.
- Asafoetida/Hing also gives some relief from the colic pain Just add more of it in your food.
- Garlic and ginger -Boil 5 clove of garlic and 1 slice of ginger in very little water.make a paste of it and eat just a little before lunch with some salt. You can make a paste and store it for a week.
- Broccoli, cauliflower and other gas causing vegetables should be eaten well cooked in moderation and not at night or lunch. Best should be in the morning breakfast.