Then around 18 months she was taking lots of milk and dairy products like cheese and butter and also curd. Gradually she turned fussy with her fruit choice and the natural fruits with fibres was not her choice. So left with less choice added to it to the inclinations of meat ( a great meat lover) started her constipation. Here are the few signs of constipation which I have experienced with her.
- Tummy stiff and bloated most of the time.
- Vomit after lunch and dinner.(I mistook it of some digestive problem)
- Crying and not wanting to seat for potty and standing up in between.
- No interest for her favourite food.
- Abdominal pain suddenly and intermittently.
All these made me uneasy, and the final call was one Sunday evening after we came back from the weekend tour. Suddenly she started complaining stomach pain and cried intensely. She had pooped that day, so I was concerned that something else was bothering her.We took her to the hospital, and the doctor gave an enema. The reason being her poop has got blocked up, and it's hard. Doctor has prescribed laxative.
Slowly it was becoming a habit, and then I tried some alternative method.
Five homemade alternative recipes for curing constipation in Babies
- The First and the most effective method is as follows:
One teaspoon of fennel powder, one teaspoon of cumin powder, one teaspoon of coriander powder.
1 cup of water
Simmer it for 20 mins in low flame.
Strain and cool it.
Let the toddler sip it throughout the day.
- Second is the fruit puree concoction
2 small slices of apple
2 small slice of plum
2 small slice of pear
Just add some rock salt for added taste and make a smoothie.
- Thirdly if these fruits are not available, there are some other useful fruits.
- Fourthly dates say around 3 can be boiled with milk and can give in a cup.( a little say 3 oz of milk) this would be enough.
- Fifth is feeding of probiotic which is naturally available in yoghurt.
Massage the tummy from little below the belly button in circular directions. Extra virgin coconut oil can be applied to give smoothness.
- Also, extra virgin coconut oil applied to the anus for the loosening of stool instead of suppositories. (my daughter hated suppositories so resorted to this, and it turned out to be effective sometimes )
The most important thing to look into is to keep a mental chart of her daily intake of food.
Personally, I benefited tremendously by totally stopping one well-known formula milk which she uses to drink at night.
Just keep your eyes open and observe which food is causing more constipation.Try to reduce it slowly.