Every day new researchers are made why is this exception and what does our genes brain function has to do with it. Some are more detailed on which handed people are more intelligent, earning more or superior to others.
You will know by the age of around 18 months whether your kid is a lefty or a rightie. By now becomes distinct which hand they are reaching out the most. So as being parents, we might get caught or in a dilemma what to do. But as we know, the world is more suitable for right-handed persons we need our kids to adjust to it. Let us look into the problems that the left-handed kids generally face at school and their daily activities.
As statistics show, 90% of the world population is right-handed, so the chances of your kid being the only left-handed in his or her classroom are very common.
As a left-handed child, you can do the following things to help them to support
- Inform the homeroom teacher or the class teacher about your kid being left-handed.
- English and most Indian vernacular are written from right to left. This poses a challenge for the
- As a parent, you have to guide your child of the left-handed techniques to be used
- Sit straight on the desk.
- Left-arm should have more space to rest on the table
- You have to tilt the paper 45 degree
- Make your child hold the pencil about the width of their thumb from the point.
- Encourage your child to keep the wrist straight when writing.
- Hold the hand in a relaxed position. Don't tighten up the fingers.
- Often a left-handed child cannot see what are they writing. Make sure the hand is below the line of writing so then they can see what he or she is writing.
- Use pencil grippers called 'trigriper' for better writing as it eases the pressure on the hand.
- While using the computer mouse left-handed kid can have issues. Request the concerned teacher to set it up for the left-handed kid. Do the same in your home.
- When the child is doing art and craft, and it requires the scissors as the tool. Using tools like scissors is another challenge. Now many shears are designed for the left-handed person. It is usually tricky to find it in India, so go for the online sites to scourge for one. Find the suitable one so your child can carry that to the school or keep it with the respective class teacher if not allowed to carry.
Tennis players, cricket players and even baseball players, have several legendary players.
As parents, we need to be aware of what is necessary to support our child's development. Consequently, the child has to find ways to maximise on whatever skills they possess.This would help them in achieving their full potential.