We as parents are well aware of our childhood when many of us had sustained injuries and many memories or even visible marks we carry life long. The differences our children in India faces is the ever shrinkage of the playground spaces and the concretization of the floors. The soft grassy lawn is replaced for the children with little parking spaces and hard surfaces in the metros and even in towns. So the severity of injuries is more. Here is the list of the injuries and the most common sites along with the preventive action we can undertake.
- For bump and bruises: The common form of injury that occurs. In any activities, the child takes this can happen. The hands, elbows and knees are the common sites for the injuries. Nothing much can be done regarding this bump and bruises. What we can do only remind our kid to be careful everytime they go out for play.
- Strains and sprains in young athletes: The kids engaged in football cricket gymnastics, tennis volleyballs often have the sprain of ankles, elbows and even neck in case of gymnastics. Ensure that your children are wearing the proper guard. Invest in the proper guard to prevent from severe sprains.
- Concussions or head injury: Children suffer from a head injury while cycling, football, basketball, skateboards or scooters. Always keep a watch that the proper head gear is on while your child engages in any of this sport. Do not take any head injury lightly. Symptoms of dizziness, nausea and vomiting come right away. Keep an eye after such injury
- Fractures: This is a serious accident, and in most of the cases it happens that the broken bones are the arms. Often to save yourself from a fall we use our hand as a brake. So the first intense hit is the arm. Excessive pain and swollen is the pattern. Put it around and sling and take to the Emergency immediately.
- Busted Mouth and Tooth Injury: The face bears the burnt as the child trips, falls, sports, and, and also the memorable fights they pick up during these play. So you have a cut on the upper lip or the lower lip while tripping. Moreover, the childhood tooth injury is yet common form occurs. The front tooth bears the brunt of many sports injuries or simple trip and fall. A broken tooth, a chipped one and sometimes an entirely knocked out one. Thanks to our body that we get two sets of teeth in a lifetime. Keep cool wash the mouth and in case knock out tooth take to a dentist with the fallen one. Sometimes it can be saved.
- Dehydration: This in not an visible injury but is a potential danger for kids. Keep your child hydrated just before they go out to play.
The chaotic childhood of bustling energies is sometimes painful. We have survived so will our children, but as parents, we need to be alert and to care of such accidents.