- All kid under the age of 4 has flat feet. It starts to develop at this age right up to around 10 years.
- It is often said it “runs in families”. So check it out.
- Almost all flat feet children are flexible meaning ligaments that hold the feet are soft.
- Only if there is rigidity, the child may experience some pain while running.
- Orthotics and arch support do not simulate in development of arch.
- Most children with flat feet will not need treatment.
- If you are in doubt about your child development of arch, you can check with your paediatrician.
- Do inform the school about your child flat feet if you see the walking deviation from the normal gait.
- Make your child wear comfortable shoes.
Flat feet is another concern for the parents and we should be aware of this common ailment. The arch inside of the foot when absent it is called a flat foot. Here are some common things we should know about it.